Who We Are
What We Believe
Statement of Faith
Culver Community Church is a community-based fellowship of Christians who, resting their faith in the Lord Jesus Christ for their eternal salvation, believe as follows:
• We believe in the inerrancy of Scripture, that the Bible, Old and New Testaments are the inspired, infallible Word of God and as such are the final authority in all manners of truth, morality and the proper conduct of mankind. God's Word as interpreted by the Senior Pastor and governing Board of Elders is the sole and final source of doctrine, practice, policy and discipleship.
• We believe that God is eternally existent in three distinct persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
• We believe that Jesus Christ is fully God and fully human, that He was born of a virgin, lived a sinless life, provided for the atonement of our sins by His substitutionary death on the cross, was bodily raised from the dead, ascended back to the right hand of the Father, and ever lives to make intercession for us.
• We believe in the personal, visible and pre-millennial second coming of Jesus Christ to the earth. He will return with His saints and set up a kingdom of which there will be no end.
• After Jesus ascended to Heaven, He poured out His Holy Spirit on the believers in Jerusalem, enabling them to fulfill His command to preach the Gospel to the entire world, an obligation shared by all believers today.
• We believe in all the basic doctrines of historic Christianity.
• We believe worship of God should be spiritual. Therefore, we remain flexible and yielded to the leading of the Holy Spirit to direct our worship.
• We believe worship of God should be inspirational. Therefore, we give great place to music in our worship.
• We believe worship of God should be intelligent. Therefore, our services are designed with great emphasis upon the teaching of the Word of God that He might instruct us how He should be worshiped.
• We believe that all people are, by nature, separated from God and responsible for their own sin, but that salvation, redemption, and forgiveness are freely offered to all by the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ. When a person repents of sin and accepts Jesus Christ as personal Savior and Lord, trusting Him to save, that person is immediately born again and sealed by the Holy Spirit, all his/her sins are forgiven, and that person becomes a child of God, destined to spend eternity with the Lord.
• We believe in the gifts of the Holy Spirit mentioned in the Scriptures, and that they are valid for today if they are exercised within the scriptural guidelines. We as believers are to covet the best gifts, seeking to exercise them in love that the whole Body of Christ might be edified. We believe that love is more important than the most spectacular gifts, and without this love all exercise of spiritual gifts is worthless.
•We believe that God has designed and desires to work in this fallen world through the Christian, Christians Marriages (as defined by God, the union of one man and one woman - Gen. 2:24; Matt. 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9). families and His Church as they honor Christ by obedience to His teachings (John 14:15; 2 Timothy 2:20-21; James 1:25) and His example (1 John 2:6).